Mandarin Stars Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
- Please note that Mandarin Stars does not accept responsibility for participants’ non-attendance of any of our classes (online or physical face to face classes) due to illness, changes in personal circumstances or other commitments during the term. While we will try our best to accommodate make up classes if your child has been sick, credit will not be issued for classes not attended. Please make your enrolment decisions carefully.
- If an individual class is cancelled due to instructor illness or isolation requirements, we will offer participants a make-up class online. At least two online class times will be offered. No refunds or credits will be offered in this instance.
- If face to face classes are cancelled due to an emergency situation or a venue issue, replacement classes will be taught online. No refunds or credits will be issued in this instance. In the case that replacement classes cannot be offered online, then a credit or refund will be offered.
- At least 24 hours notice must be provided to cancel or reschedule a Private Tuition session. Cancelled classes will be offered a credit.
MAKE UP CLASS POLICY
- Make up classes are offered either as face to face group class options or through one of our online classes. Make up classes may only be available to participants if they have been sick, however we cannot guarantee make up classes in this instance. Make up classes do not carry over to the next term. We cannot guarantee there will be availability in all classes for a make up class. No credits are available for missed classes.
- Make up webinar classes for our Shooting Stars program are not available.
- All fees must be paid for prior to commencing classes.
- If you have difficulty paying the fees please discuss this with the Mandarin Stars administration as payment plans can be arranged in special circumstances.
- Mandarin Stars reserves the right to cancel/recommend deferring an individual enrolment at any time. In this case, a refund for any remaining classes that have already been prepaid will be offered.
VIDEO LEARNING HUB
- Access to the Video Learning Hub is for the duration of the term from the start date that you have paid for classes to the end of the term.
- Access for the Video Learning Hub is for our Shooting Stars program is 11 weeks from the start date that you have paid for classes.
MANDARIN STARS COURTESY RULES FOR PHYSICAL FACE TO FACE CLASSES:
Our goal is to ensure a rich immersion-based Mandarin Chinese learning environment for your child that is safe, peaceful, comfortable and supportive of our program. Therefore, we would like to ask that parents and students adhere to our Courtesy Rules as follows:
- Please respect that Mandarin Stars is strictly a nut-free zone.
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to each class.
- If your child is sick, please do not bring him/her to classes as you not only risk infecting other children, but also our staff, parents and carers.
- If your child is attending an online class, please ensure that a responsible adult or carer is present and ready to supervise your child.
In our classes for 1-5-year-olds:
- Only one adult should accompany each enrolled child.
- The role of the parent is to observe, support and praise one’s child as he/she is being engaged in the program.
- In order to ensure that the children are not distracted and overwhelmed by the level of sibling/ adult noise in the classroom, all parents should be sensitive to their own personal noise level and turn mobile phones to silent.
- Please remember to bring a quality piece of fruit to be shared with others as requested by your teacher.
PERSONS COLLECTING YOUR CHILD FROM OUR FACE TO FACE CLASSES:
A child can only be released into the care of either a parent, a guardian or a responsible person (when approved by the parent in writing). This will only include persons nominated as Emergency Contacts, persons nominated as Authorised to Collect on the enrolment, or persons nominated to collect the child on specific occasions.
LATE COLLECTION OF CHILDREN FEE:
If a child remains in Mandarin Stars’ care after his/her class has concluded, the following will be applied:
- An initial charge of $30 per child, together with a penalty fee at the rate of $1/min per child, for the first ten minutes.
- This penalty rate will increase to $3/min per child after the first ten minutes.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO:
Parents agree not to take videos or photographs that include other children in the class without the permission of that parent/guardian. Your child may, however, be photographed or videoed in our Mandarin Stars classes by our Mandarin Stars staff for training or promotional purposes. Such media may be used for the Mandarin Stars’ online social media platforms. By enrolling in the Mandarin Stars program you agree to such use by Mandarin Stars.
If you do not wish to have your child photographed or videoed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org