These highly interactive classes are taught in 100% immersion-based Mandarin Chinese. Our Mandarin Stars Preschool Native classes include lots of fun and creative activities to capture your child’s imagination in learning and interacting in Mandarin.
Importantly, we ground our approach to teaching and learning in our Preschool Native Learner’s program upon outcome one of The Early Years Learning Framework that children have a strong sense of identity and can:
- Communicate in their native Mandarin language in a relaxed and play-based manner
- Construct meaning and knowledge in their home language
- Develop strong foundations in both the culture and language/s of their family and of the broader community without compromising their cultural identities
- Develop their social and cultural heritage through engagement with Elders and community members
Our Mandarin Stars Preschool Native classes are small group based classes. The sessions develop strong listening and speaking skills in Mandarin. Adding a further layer to learning, we also start to introduce basic characters (radical characters) and numbers.
This program involves a range of activities to deliver our themes, including sensory-based play, mini science experiments that help to develop your child’s science inquiry skills, cooking, short stories, rhymes, singing, dancing, puppet shows, dramatic play, arts and crafts.
All of the activities we plan and deliver for our classes reinforce the themes, listening, speaking, reading and writing taught for the week. Our dedicated workbook activities also contain over 30+ learning activities that not only develop your child’s native Mandarin Chinese language skills, they are also specifically designed to develop gross and fine motor skills, cognitive skills and early years based literacy and numeracy concepts.
- Duration 45-60 mins
- Suitable For Native Learners
- Class Sizes 6-8 learners taught by 1 teacher
- Years Old Preschool
- Available Seats